Friday, February 28, 2014

Valentines Week

Is there anything more romantic on Valentine's Day than a surprise homemade valentine in the car?



Or to have a love message scrapped into your windshield frost?


Let me tell you, there isn't!


But if you add a nice heart shaped waffle for dinner,


and Oreo brownies for dessert, then you have a perfect Valentine's Day.


But why stop the love there? The following weekend my niece Kimberly was getting baptized, so the kids and I packed up and drove to Michigan the day after Valentine's Day. Growing up, every member of my family would draw another family member's name to make a Valentine for. I haven't been able to participate in that tradition for 10 years. That is, until this year!

Avery drew Uncle Ben's name, and here is what she came up with.


On the back I had her fill in some blanks of the message to him. This is what it said:

Ben is a boy.
I love you.
Happy Birthday.

And here is Avery's Valentine she got from cousin Kimberly (who just turned 8 years old!) These two girls are so sweet together.


I drew my sister Kelsey's name,


and my Dad drew me. (Who doesn't love Dave Barry? And when calendars are 75% off at this time of year, you have a dynamite combination.)


Sawyer drew Grandpa's name,


and added his own artwork to the top and bottom of the ball.


Sawyer had a hard time giving up that ball, but fortunately Grandma drew his name and made him a knock knock joke valentine.


Which was complete with door flaps for him to open. It was a complete win!



All in all, we made out like bandits this year for Valentine's Day! Plus, Kelsey scored all this free movie theater popcorn, so we were well fed too. :)



But to cap it all off was Kimberly's baptism! She asked Ben to baptize her.



Kristin flew in from Texas for the event, so the 4 Pennock sisters united to sing at the baptism (I'm not sure where Jesica was for this picture, but there really was 4 of us...)



And how cute is this picture? Avery has talked to me daily about how Kimberly got baptized.


Kyle was able to drive up the morning of, so he got to be a part of it too.


We felt pretty blessed and loved during February!

No comments:

Post a Comment