Thursday, February 27, 2014

Saw yer post about Sawyer

Let me gush about my sweet little boy for a few minutes.

He is the world's best toddler kisser ever. I'm not kidding, he is such a lover and is happy to share that love.


Sawyer is a wonderful eater. He doesn't fight me to get into his high chair (as in, he actually climbs into it unprompted all. the. time. That kids loves to eat!)


As you can tell he is getting more independent and messy with his food daily.



I thank the Lord daily that he is such a better sleeper now. I feel like I will never take sleeping through the night for granted again. Sleep has hands down been the hardest hurdle for this kid, but he conquered it!



I took Sawyer to see an allergist for his reaction to milk, so they did a skin test. #1 is cow's milk. #2 is water. #3 is histamine (which is used to gauge what a severe reaction would look like.)



As you can see, he welted right up. So for now, he still drinks Soy milk (which sounds right. Soy-milk for Saw-yer...it has a nice ring to it.) I really think he'll grow out of it in the next year though.



This kid loves to be outside. Especially in wind; the gustier it is the better.



He loves to run up to a person, cuddle, look lovingly up into your eyes, and then STAB you as hard as he can in your eyeball. It's kind of tender and very painful.


His words include: Hello, please, thank you, again, a ball, mommy, dada, monkey, amen, more, no, pretzel, granola bar, cracker, and milk. He also can tell you what sounds the dinosaur, snake, cow, horse, pig, dog, cat, bird, bee, bear, tiger, frog, and car make too.


Sawyer has some fancy feet! This boy can walk, walk fast, squat down to *almost* jump, and can climb on top of any couch or chair he meets. He is an unstoppable force!



Sawyer is starting to show interest in books, which is awesome. I find few things cuter than my toddler sitting down by himself to read a book.



And this book lover has 16 teeth (at 16 months. It's pretty impressive) Check out that drool!


He is also hitting the "two year old tantrums" several months early. It's a bit tough to weather through them (as in you can't bribe them quite as well as a two year old) but we're making it through. Lots of distractions and deep breaths help.


The first thing he does when he goes into the play room is mount this rocking horse. Kyle's Grandpa made it and it is well loved!



He still loves balls. He spends majority of his day looking for, chasing after, throwing and talking about balls.


He has turned into quite the artist, although he is no longer allowed to draw with markers.



The biggest comment I get from people when I take Sawyer out and about is, "He looks so serious."



I don't know what makes them say that...is it the eyebrows? :)


Apparently Kyle received the same comments when he was baby. Later he was nicknamed "Ky Smiley" so we'll see how long Sawyer can keep up this "serious" reputation.



Which can't be too long, because he can give some pretty charming smiles when you ask him to.




I adore this smiley picture. The crooked jaw...ah...it is perfect!

He still has beautiful baby eye lashes. Sigh.


He is absolutely amazing and adorable.



I love my Sawyer James!

No comments:

Post a Comment