Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Golden Birthday

It happened! I had my Golden Birthday! And it was wonderful!

It was full of some of the sweetest phone calls I have ever received in my life. (Yes, my phone is 5 years old.)



I got flowers for the first time in who knows how long. They were star gazer lilies and they were beautiful when they opened! I really should have thought to take a picture of them when they bloomed...


I painted my fingers and toes "golden" while my children graced me with a 2 hour simultaneous nap. I definitely fit in a little Rocky Balboa watching during that time.



I got yummy treats and thoughtful gifts from friends. Kyle and I even went out to dinner over the following weekend while a friend watched both kids. That is a first for us folks!


So yeah, I'm almost a month into it now, and I must say that 28 so far is pretty freakin amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment