Monday, September 19, 2011

Nursery


There have been lots of firsts lately, but most of them have been for Kyle and Avery. Here is one of mine.

THE NURSERY!!!


Okay, so I’m not a master photographer. I can’t tell you what kind of camera we have, and I have no idea how to edit a picture. So with that said, if any of these pictures do not make you psyched-out-of-your-mind over how cute this room is, let’s blame the camera and not the interior designer. :) Or the fact that Indiana does not believe in having lights in the ceiling, meaning the only source of light comes from the window or the lamp.

First thing I did was paint this room a lovely shade of pink. Scratch that, a lovely shade of April Blush. I had never painted anything (besides Avery’s toenails) so my dear mother took me under her wing. She told me that taping was for weenies and that it was better to just use a paint brush along the edges (ceiling, closet, window, etc.)


Next, we got a crib! Most parents would consider that an essential item to have before a child is born. Tis not so my friends! However, it does look oh so nice. I am very happy we now own one.


Next step was figuring out where to put each item.

The changing table (one that was used to change many a Pennock’s bum.)


The glider (it's great at putting both Avery and me asleep.)


The dresser complete with friends on top.


Still trying to figure out where to put the picture on the bear's lap. It’s a watercolor that the one-and-only Allyson Jones made of the Oklahoma City Temple and sent to me on my mission.



The most darling laundry basket (garage sales are awesome!)



And…drum roll please….BUTTERFLIES! 


This was the steal of a century! I found these sticker decals at our dollar store, and for a few measly bucks I decorated this room with a border. 



They just flitter flutter around.


 
There's something soothing about watching them. Not that they move...since their not alive...they are just sticker after all...but still I think they are soothing.  




And thanks to this little girl I had a reason to try my hand at decorating.


Can't wait to do one for her brother!!! :)

P.S. Our talks went well on Sunday. Thanks for wondering.

P.P.S. No we aren't expecting, but that would have been really cute right? Yeah, I think so too. Maybe I can get Kyle to think so as well...

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I wish I could paint Savannah's room... I don't think our landlords would appreciate it. You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful room, Lindsay, and a well-done tour as well. I was kind of soothed by those butterflies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the crib and the butterflies :) And the knobs on the dresser. I think many apartments don't believe in lights on the ceiling. Maybe they have an agreement with lamp companies so we buy lots of lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linds! Painting tape is for weanies! The nursery is so feminine and whimsical! I love love those butterflies! Archie must date Avery in 20+ years, he can tell her about his katydid nursery and she can tell him about her butterflies! Looks like you are having a blast in Indiana! And the duct tape mobile over the bouncer seat is priceless!

    ReplyDelete