Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just in time!

Good thing I learned how to be all computer savvy with uploading videos. Avery surprised me with this little gem yesterday, and now I get to share it with all of you!

 

You'll have to ignore my cheerleading. For those of you who know me well, the more excited I am the more I babble, and in this case I was about ready to burst my buttons with pride!


So here's my two cents about "tummy time" (cute name right? Awful to experience!) Everything I've been told has pretty much suggested that if I don't do tummy time with Avery she will never develop neck strength, be able to roll over, reach any milestones, will have a focusing problem in the future, become a drug addict, never contribute to society, will have a miserable life, and it will be ALL my fault!


We've struggled with "tummy time" in our household. In the beginning, she'd just fall asleep.



Later on she would scream and cry like most babies, but would move her head from side to side every once in awhile.




For the last 3 weeks, as soon as we place her on her tummy she immediately pops her thumb in her mouth and won't move a muscle.




So you would think her future is in peril right?


Wrong! So to all the parents who stress out about their child not following all the literature to the letter, it's okay! Just enjoy every minute you get with them, and really the odds are they won't turn out much worse than you!

1 comment:

  1. She just really wanted a taste of that changing pad, huh?

    Way to go Avery!

    ReplyDelete