Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sleep is elusive for some

I've been awake since 6:00 this morning.

No, this isn't going to be a post with me complaining about waking up with my little baby cakes. In fact, waking up at 6:00 on a Tuesday used to mean that I was late for work since I had to be there at 5:50. I know, it's just not healthy to be up that early in the morning and be in charge of sick people's lives. It is immensely easier getting up to a cute little Avery than to an obnoxious alarm clock. My life has vastly improved to say the least.

Okay, back on topic. The reason why sleep is elusive this morning is actually due to my sheer excitement! Today my fabulous little sister (no, not the 15 year old) is going to have her baby! I can't wait to welcome Nora (her full name will be Eleanor) into the world. It feels like Christmas morning!

This is Kristin with Avery when she is almost a month old...meaning Avery is almost a month old.


Kristin is the one on the far left with the 7 month belly. I tell ya, I am considering having her carry the rest of my children since she has acquired 0 stretch marks and looks like a total babe!


So excited for you Kristin!!

But not all of us in the Bradley household have troubles staying asleep. In fact, I would claim the opposite dilemma for some.

Avery can fall asleep at anytime, at any place, and in any position! For instance, she can fall asleep in the traditional position: in Mommy's arms.


And, of course, playing with a mermaid can be very tiring.


Kyle's voice can lull one to sleep in a hurry. It's either that or his storytelling abilities need to be a little more exciting... :)


And swings are just so soothing, how is possible to stay awake?


No, I can justify all those sleeping pictures. I just don't understand how she can stay asleep in those uncomfortable car seats.


Or while getting a bath!


Laying down is a pretty normal position.


But sitting up? How does she do it?



You would think that sleeping in a bed would be the best place right?


Nope! Maybe it's just too exciting to be in a big person bed. But once she's in her own bed she is out like a light.


Well, whatever way she sleeps, she looks simply angelic! Good luck Kristin, I'm sure Eleanor will be absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment