Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting creative

Alright so being in our mid-twenties and having a little baby was not the most lucrative thing Kyle and I have ever done...or Kyle beginning grad school...or me currently not working...

Anyways, we have to get creative in ways to help stretch our George Washington bills.

Behold our newest toy for Avery!

No, I'm not talking about those links, although they are awesome! They came from Kyle's brother and sister in law who are very savvy with kid knowledge since they have the most adorable twins (thanks Sean and Katie!)


And I'm not focusing on our snazzy vibrating chair which is a recent acquisition from Goodwill (thanks goodness for Lysol wipes)


Nope, our new creation allows Avery to play with the links while in her chair. It is made out of the world's finest materials: Duct Tape and cardboard from the box our crib came in.


Doesn't it look sturdy?


I love the sagging bar that droops lower everyday. I just keep attaching our links higher and higher so they don't hit Avery in the face.


Perhaps Kyle and I will start marketing this amazing creation.


Look at how calm and content your baby would be if you had one for yourself?


What's that you say? You want it personalized? No problem!


With a cute little pattern after your child's name? Done and done!


We can custom make yours to lean to one side just like ours! Sounds like Kyle should drop out of school so we can start mass producing these bad boys! Just remember, the baby is not included in the purchase.


Side note: We created this masterpiece during a BYU football game. I don’t know about your guys, but I have a hard time sitting down and watching anything for a few hours without doing anything (surfing the internet, making monstrous toys, looking attractive, etc.) I do much better with TV shows…like the premiere of Modern Family tonight! Do yourselves a favor and check it out!

4 comments:

  1. I thought the new toy was her thumb. Good job being creative.

    Oops! That's Roberta Peless's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd totally buy one. Duct tape? Come on, how could I not?

    And some of those "TV shoes," please. I don't know they are but they sound intriguing.

    I'm the same way with football games. Sean's always anxious I'm going to miss something because I'm not paying rapt attention.

    Say, hadn't you just started watching Modern Family at Christmastime? Did we help introduce it to you? You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't understand why you chose nursing over a highly successful career in engineering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is the face of perfect serenity, Lindsay. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete