Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blast from the Past

So, I had this post written on Sunday, September 30th, but I got a little busy once the next day rolled around (spoiler alert: I had a baby!!!) and never put it up. So before I share the birth story, I'll let this wet your appetites. Enjoy!

*          *          *          *          *

Well hello October! I was not picturing having a baby born during this month, but apparently that is the new plan.


I consider myself a pretty flexible person, but I'm not going to lie, this wait has had some killer moments. As in, I broke down in tears at my appointment last Thursday (40 weeks and 3 days) as my midwife was listening for the heartbeat with the doppler. I can only imagine how pathetic it looked to have my stretched out belly exposed and bouncing with every sob that escaped my mouth. Fortunately, my midwife is very sweet and only had good news to tell me. I was almost to a 4, 10% more effaced, and baby was almost at a 0 station. He is still head down (not that he has any room to turn) and she was guessing he was about 7.5 lbs at that point.


It's been the daily possibility and then daily disappointment that I haven't gone into labor that's been rough on me. Friday night I was getting some good contractions that were every 5 minutes and lasted a minute, but then they just petered out. Cruel, cruel, cruel. I can usually roll with these set backs and just say, "Hey, even if this isn't the real thing, we are still making progress to the end goal" but there are those moments when I do feel a little like a failure since this baby hasn't shown his face yet. When you set your wedding date, you spend months (only 2 months in Kyle and my's case, but still) looking forward to that day! Same thing with pregnancy and due dates, except my baby's birthday got delayed without me expecting it.

BUT, for the most part I am doing awesome. We've gone to the art museum, the zoo, ate spicy food, gone to the playground, and watched a movie every night since my Mom got here. Heck, we have even tried some acupressure points on my legs to try and stimulate labor. No go yet, but keep your fingers crossed!

Here's one of our long walks.



Complete with some galloping (bouncing around should help, right?!?)


and walking up and down the curb.


Pregnancy, it's been fun, but man, I am ready for you to be over! I'll do a happy dance when we are done!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for you that you had the baby, Lindsay! I will say though, that you totally ROCK pregnancy. You look fabulous and that skirt is seriously the cutest. So at least you LOOK good, right?! Sending lots of hugs and love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you didn't have to wait any longer! Can't wait for more Sawyer pictures!

    ReplyDelete