Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Avery and Sawyer

Thank you for all of your words and support with Sawyer joining our family! I have loved your comments and am grateful there are so many people excited about our big changes. My life is simply amazing right now! And today I am going to tell you why.

I hope it's apparent that I have been loving on my little Avery since the day she was born. She is seriously the biggest ball of fun.

From her fluffy Dr. Seuss hair,


to her excited "HEEEY"'s and waves she greets EVERY car driving by with, 

 

to her reading material that she peruses every mealtime,  


 to her cheesy off centered smile,


to how she turns on the TV and watches like a big kid,


to her beautiful blue eyes,


to her 18+ animal noises,


to her love of electronics and watching videos of herself,


to her new found ability to run, I think she is simply magnificent.


So, with Avery for competition, how could another child in the Bradley family stand a chance to equal the affections his parents have for his big sister? I mean Avery is pretty cute and perfect.

Well, apparently, it's not hard to win people's hearts when you are a gem of a baby.


I love the goofy faces he makes while he sleeps,




how half of his bottom lip is almost always sucked into his mouth,


how soft and sweet his skin is (seriously, he has flawless skin),



how he loves to eat (so nice to not have pediatricians and lactation consultants breathing down my neck),



how explosive his newborn poops are (they will never cease to make me giggle),


how easy it is to soothe him by swaddling and having him close,



 and I love how nice it is to just hold a little piece of heaven.


In short, I've learned that any worries I had that I couldn't love my second baby as much as my first have been quelled.



And not that Kyle ever was concerned about that (or really concerned about anything...that man is the definition of "easy going") but let me say that he dotes on Sawyer just as much as his Avery.


So, how has introducing these two kids to each other gone? IN-CRED-I-BLE!


Avery will give (more like drop on his face) Sawyer her stuffed animals, feed him (more often his eye than mouth) his pacifier, bring him blankets (albeit the dirty discarded ones), gets concerned when he cries, and even gave him a kiss before bedtime last night.  So yeah, I'm proud of my girl for being such a good big sister!


And Sawyer? He has been a trooper and has yet to cry when Avery sits on him when she wants to sit on my lap, and is pretty forgiving from the various pokes and prods to the face. Makes my mommy heart swell that he is such a good little brother!


I really think they will have a pretty awesome bond being only 16 months apart. Sure it has only been a week, and today is my second day taking care of the two of them on my own, but we are doing it! And I totally credit that to my two amazing and flexible kids and to my extremely helpful husband (especially when he gets home from school/work.)

Truly, I have felt so calm and peaceful since Sawyer joined our family. Maybe because this isn't my first rodeo anymore, but I think it's mostly because I love being a mom and having two kids is absolutely fantastic. Yes I'm tired, yes there are moments when all three of us need to go to the bathroom/eat/cry, but I'm amazed at how my heart has room to love both of these kiddos.

Like I said, I have an Awesome life!

3 comments:

  1. You are an Amazingly Awesome Mother and Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got such cute kids! Those last two photos crack me up.

    At some of the pictured angles, I think Sawyer looks just like Grey and at others, they look completely different. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, such great pictures! And cute kids. I'm glad you're doing well with two of them.

    ReplyDelete