Friday, August 17, 2012

Gearing up

Well, hello world! It's been a little while! I treated myself to a vacation from most electronic devices for the last 3ish weeks, and it has been lovely! (Apologies to those who have gotten delayed e-mails, phone calls, texts, Facebook replys) But I'm back and ready to tell you about what's been going on.

We have been gearing up for this little one that's a coming. With my due date being about a month away (!!!) there have been lots of odds and ends to tie up.


(I had no idea I looked this silly when I let Avery sit on top of her brother)

 
Kyle finished up his internship 2 weeks prior to school beginning and that dude got put to work!


Project #1 The toddler bed that Kyle refinished for Avery!


He chipped off paint.


He sanded.


And he painted.


And it is now a luxurious little piece of furniture! My Dad actually slept in it as a toddler which makes it even cooler. It's smaller than a twin bed so we have yet to figure out what we will do for bedding, but Avery LOVES it. I'm not kidding, this girl goes wild when she sees that bed in her room. She scrambles up on to the mattress and flings blankets, stuffed animals, and herself all over it.


As of now, she still sleeps in the crib and I'm not sure when/how we'll transition her to the bed. Our little baby will stay in our room in a pack n' play for the first bit of his life.  Let's be real, Avery didn't even know what a crib was until she was 3 months old, and it's looking like the new little guy will have the same fate.


Project 2 Rearranging/sorting the nursery

First we had to find a place to for a bed and crib to fit. And we did!


Granted, the changing table is now in the closet, but it works just great.


Plus, notice how neatly organized that closet is? We have clothes that Avery has outgrown and yet to grow into on that top shelf. We also have clothes for baby boy Bradley to grow into as well. Kyle and I have yet to purchase a single article of clothing for this child. We have been showered with gifts and hand me downs from generous souls. THANK YOU!!!

...Oh, and about the pink walls and butterflies...we won't tell our son that he spent the first year of his life in a pink room if you don't. Kyle is majoring in psychology and doesn't seem too worried about this impacting the boy's life, so neither am I. :)


Project 3 Having fun together!

We taught Avery a couple of animal noises,




and we visited the zoo (a few times.)


And a bird landed on my head in the aviary! I had no idea what to do!




Avery made her elephant noises at the elephants.


I tried to teach her what the rhinoceros said.


And Kyle reaffirmed his love for merekats after seeing this little sleeping beauty.





Other fun things: Avery has taken off with walking,



(and she only walks as far as she wants to)


we toured the local art museum (this was on our way back to the car after visiting),


we read books,


(this is Avery's new favorite book. She has her own version of the word "Swimmy" that she says a couple of times in this video.)


we went on morning walks,





(and fed Avery crackers)


(and fed crackers to the geese and ducks along the way)


we watched movies,


went to biweekly doctor appointments,


purchased a new car seat for Avery,


and ate lots of ice cream.



Like I said, life has been lovely! I'm so glad we were able to end this summer on such an awesome note!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that Avery is a cutiepie. How funny that we did a pregnancy update the same day. We're just in sync. I know, let's go into labor the same day- that'd be so cool!

    ReplyDelete