Thursday, August 30, 2012

25 days left!!!

I had a doctor's appointment today and it was PERFECT! Here's some latest pictures of me and the babe.

 (Don't I look awesome?)

The boy is starting to measure a little ahead of schedule for the first time (just by half a week), so maybe he'll make a grand entrance sooner than we thought! Our due date is September 24th which would still be good by me. But lets be honest, we all know he will NOT come that day because no one ever has their babies on their actual due dates, right? I have yet to meet someone.

 (This dress is so flattering on me! I wish I was pregnant ALL the time!)

Baby also appears to be head down and anterior. I'm pretty stoked about that because, hopefully, that means no back labor (back labor tends to be common in posterior babies.) Here's a random insight into my life. Weight gain has been nuts this pregnancy! Not that anyone probably cares, but seriously I can't wrap my head around it. From 30-32 weeks I gained 4.5 pounds and I was definitely feeling the aches from the stretching. But then from 32-36 weeks I only gained 1.5 pounds. So in twice the time, I gained less than half the weight. How on earth does that happen? Plus, the left side of my belly is bigger than my right side. Weird.

(Wow! I make this pregnancy look good!)

And I just want to say that being pregnant has been awesome. Yes, there are some downsides to it (read: waking up at least 3 times a night, pains in my belly and back all day, lack of energy, wearing the same clothes week after week) but I still love that my family is growing. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I'm living my dream. I love my husband, I love my daughter, I love that I will soon have a son, and I love that this is all happening to me. My life is good.

And just because I know family won't let me get away with those first few pictures, I will post a few other ones of me.


Hello 36.5 weeks!


3 comments:

  1. You look fabulous!!! Your tshirt is wicked cute! Oh, and Violet was born on her due date. I was induced due to pre-ecclampsia on the 27th and she was born a little after midnight on the 28th. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. You title just made me realize I only have 16 days left and that's just ridiculous.

    I don't know why you're letting all those frumpy women steal the spotlight from you, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look fabulous! Also, I was born on my due date. It does happen!

    ReplyDelete