Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ode to Summer

Oh summer, how I love thee...


Yes, it's hot and sweaty and yes, that can make one a bit uncomfortable, but that makes time at a lake that much more amazing!


I mean look at Kyle, doesn't he look refreshed? That look just spells out s-u-m-m-e-r b-l-i-s-s.


And Kelsey and Ben, what other time of year do they have the opportunity to try and drowned each other?


Without summer, I wouldn't be able to enjoy a good game of Marco Polo (which IS the best water game),



and Avery wouldn't be able to show off her cute swimsuit clad body.


Plus this is the only season my Mom can wear a T-shirt without being chilly.


If summertime didn't exist my Dad wouldn't own a boat. Which would mean he would never have the chance to look so austere while captaining a vessel.


Simply put, Summer is the most magical time of year.



Sure being pregnant ruined my chance to enjoy a good tubing ride,




and some knee boarding action



(check out the guys who can do 360's and jump the wake now!)



but it has not ruined my love for this glorious season!


I mean, I still get to give my little girl some summer lovin'


and Kyle too.


Be still my heart, I love summer!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me miss Michigan, beautiful summer weather without being boiled alive and gorgeous lakes. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete