Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pre-Christmas in Indianapolis

This year we spent 2 1/2 weeks in Colorado for the holidays. Call me paranoid, but I didn't want to parade the fact that we weren't home on this blog. So I took a break.  

BUT my head is back in the game and I am ready to play catch up.

So, to kick off our holidays, Kyle and I spent a night baking Christmas goodies and then delivering them to our friends. It was a blast making Snowball-No-Bake-Cookies, Rudolph and Snowmen Cupcakes, Dark Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Bark, and Snickerdoodles. Sure that night Avery may have missed her typical bedtime by 4 hours, and we may have listened to the same Christmas CD 3 times, and I may have nursed Sawyer in the car 2 times, but we were 1 happy family because of it.

m 007

And although we wouldn't be around Indianapolis to celebrate Christmas, we knew there was no way we could leave without visiting our wonderful zoo to see the Christmas lights.

m 058

Kyle and I have yet to have a Christmas tree for our last 3 Christmases, so we have to go somewhere to teach our children about the beauty of Christmas lights.

m 014

m 050

A perfect beginning to our holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment