Monday, January 14, 2013

Competition

Kyle and I enjoy competition. Particularly against each other. We take bets on when packages will arrive at the house, we see who can reach home the fastest when we are in separate cars, and have even played the same board game over and over again until the loser becomes the winner. 

So our natural reaction when we see a running track is to see who can run around it the fastest. 

 m 193

It's all in good fun, and I think it would be pretty awesome if our kids had a little competive streak in them.

m 099

Avery has always been a pretty fearless girl (unless it involves leaving her at nursery when we go to church) so I thought we were well on our way with her.

m 095

When Avery learned how to run (the day after she learned how to walk mind you) her method was a bit unorthodox. Coming from a family where we run for fun, I was curious where she picked it up her "runner arms" from.

k 177

Let's just say I wonder no more...

m 195


I'm sorry Avery. You better take running tips from your father. I'm thinking of retiring my running cap after seeing this photo.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome and hilarious! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are "crossing the finish line" arms! Avery's a future track star, she's gotta practice winning! Keep it up Lindsay-you are an awesome runner!

    ReplyDelete