Monday, April 16, 2012

Pregnancy Take Two

I know I know, I've been kind of dragging my feet with any updates of this pregnancy. Not that this one is any less exciting than Avery's was. In fact, it's gone all the more smoother, which I completely chalk up to the fact that I'm not working 12 hours shifts this time round. Waking up at the crack of dawn apparently upsets the morning sickness gods. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I threw up last time. But this time? I don't even have to count because it is a whopping ZERO!

All these pictures are from last week, so that is a 16 week belly.


Truthfully, I feel incredible. I'm 17 weeks today and am sleeping great, eating great, have my energy back, and am still able to nurse Avery. I felt pretty sucked dry (yes, that is a disgusting pun) of all my energy during the first trimester, but the second trimester never seems to fail me.


Hopefully this energy will last through the first year of this kiddo's life since he/she will only be 15 months younger than Avery. Not going to lie, last week I was wondering if we had bitten off more than we could chew because we had a nightmare of an experience of Avery teething. I don't know what it is like for other people, but for us it was a week and half of tears, fevers, diarrhea, and tantrums (mostly for Avery, but I think all of us were starting to get a little unhinged.) Avery cried more during that time than all the rest of her life combined. And all I could think about was, "How can I do this with two?" But, now she's over it and I'm starting to pick up the pieces of my confidence again.


So, there you have it. The baby had a lovely heartbeat of 160 today and my blood pressure was downright textbook worthy. So, here's hoping for a smooth pregnancy!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you look good! I'm glad your feeling so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Linds!! I'm so excited for you! You look great, and I'm glad you're feeling good too. So will you find out the gender this time???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I am going to call tomorrow -I figure you are spending the evening with Kyle right now so I'll try to catch you during the day. You look great! Can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete