Friday, April 6, 2012

Cuyahoga Falls

Kyle and I have a goal to visit all 58 national parks in the United States. 



One of the rules to this goal is that a foot has to be placed on the premises to count.


And believe it or not, there are not too many National Parks to even visit in the Midwest.


Behold Cuyahoga National Park!


Yeah, we didn't think it was much to look at either. It's the only National Park in Ohio and we had a heck of time trying to find it.


When you think of a National Park, what jumps to mind?

If it's rocks I think Cuyahoga gets a check as a real National Park.


What? You wanted rocks with dripping water? Once again, check!


Or there is the rare variety of rocks that grows moss. Definite check.


And if you are looking for trees that look like they came out of a Lord of the Rings book and could walk away before your very eyes, then Ch-eck!


Truthfully, this place was kind of a dud, even with this attempt to try and make it sound cool. Fortunately, there was a waterfall!




 

But even with a waterfall, we probably spent a grand total of 20 minutes there.


And that's alright. One down and only 57 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've got a sister that's actually seen Cuyahoga National Park in person. You made me curious, so I looked it up on Wikipedia, and sure enough, the featured photo at the top of the article is of moss-covered rocks and trees that evoke Lord of the Rings. I think you really did take in the whole park in twenty minutes, Lindsay! Maybe I'll let your checkmark count for Laura and me too (although I have to admit, something in me keeps wondering, 'well? what kind of rocks?').

    ReplyDelete