Monday, April 30, 2012

Behind the scenes

Wasn't that last post so heartwarming? Did you get "Mother Daughter Warm Fuzzies" everywhere?


Good! Because you sure aren't going to get them today. I am about to reveal a secret.


Ready?


Kyle and I are expecting a little boy to join our family.


Just kidding! We haven't had the ultrasound yet.


The real secret?


I am really bad at having my picture taken.

Like embarrassingly bad.

Like I should be diagnosed with a medical condition so I can start receiving treatment.

Don't believe me? How do you explain this?


That's right, eyes closed and tongue exiting the mouth! Or this?



Yeah, the semi-open creepy eyed look. It's terrible.

Worse thing, it's contagious! Even my darling Avery is starting to suffer from it. (But please note her fabulous bejeweled jean jacket she's sporting. My very own husband once wore that as a wee little babe.)





Wait, you say it's normal to have a couple of pictures where your eyes aren't open?



Well folks, we are past a couple of photos now. Hello Picture Number 7



Picture Number 8


And Picture Number 9!


Yup, I think my condition is chronic. So lets make Picture 10 (yes that puts us into double digits for "eyes being closed" in a 2 minute photo shoot) be a doozy. 

Behold the drunkard Mom.


I just can't hide my lack of photogenic-ecy any longer. So all of you, go look in a mirror right now. If you can see your eyeballs, count yourself lucky. If you can't, I think I'll be starting up a group where we can all meet together and observe one another's eye lids.

4 comments:

  1. Validating. Very, very, validating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really get that checked out.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh Linds, I LOVE the creeper smile :) And you COMPLETELY freaked me out about your kid, I was about to get reallly realllllly mad at you because I found out on a BLOG post of all things! Then I scrolled down and it was okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious. I love the way Avery looked like she was laughing about as hard as I was by picture number nine.

    ReplyDelete