Monday, April 23, 2012

Eagle Creek Reservoir

Every Saturday Kyle, Avery, and I do our long distance run at Eagle Creek Reservoir (we just did 10 miles this weekend!)


Granted, this is not a picture of that, since the reservoir for is a good place for afternoon walks too. We run on paved roads since we take Avery along in the jogging stroller, and those aren't nearly as picturesque as our scenic strolls are.



Plus, we're really not much to look at after we run. Something about sweat stains and being red in the face...


Nature is just awesome! We've really been missing mountains lately. 




And even though there is no elevation here, this place is loaded with lakes, pavilions, grills, trees, animals. Basically everything you need for a fantastic summer!







And I don't know how weather is for the rest of the States, but I think summer is just right around the corner for us!



And with an internship headed our way this summer (and no classes!), I think we will be doing lots of fun things in the sun!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! That's awesome you have a forest/park close to you. I'm so excited for summer too.
    And I LOVE that picture you took of the tree blossoms against the sky! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're living in summer weather right now, too. 74 degrees and rising. Beautiful nature pictures (yeah, that blossom one is especially striking), but I have to say my favorite picture in here is the one of you.

    ReplyDelete