Monday, October 7, 2013

Pure Michigan

I'm not one to get homesick.

Not in college, not on my mission, not really ever.

But moving to a new place and trying to get settled is always hard. Even if it is a great place and you KNOW this is where you are suppose to be, transitions are just so not fun. Am I right people?

So here's to feeling like nostalgic for Michigan,

a 016
Picking Michigan blueberries. The are divine!

 a 011

a 046

 and more importantly, to all the people I love up there.

a 028
Jesica

a 020
Scott

a 027
Andrew

a 023
Kimber

a 012
Ben

a 005
Kelsey

a 048
And Kyle. Not that he is still up in Michigan...
but he was picking blueberries too so he deserved a picture.

It's just nice to be part of the little things that go on in day to day life.

a 064

Like seeing Andrew be an all star on his first baseball team.

a 071

Or playing catch with Scott.

a 052

And having people make memories with my family too. Like when Avery donned a "Princess Leah" look during the baseball game and Jesica witnessed it.       

a 085

But, at least I still have family here in Bloomington. And having the company of Kyle, Avery, and Sawyer (unfortunately he didn't make it to the baseball game due to his bedtime) is incredible.

a 090 

Just makes those holiday visits and family reunions all the more important!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you! Except now I miss Utah AND Michigan. It's like I'm leaving a little piece of my heart behind wherever I go.

    But I keep telling myself that in a couple months, this will feel like home. And then if we have to leave, I'll leave a piece of my heart here, too.

    ReplyDelete