Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baby Shower

So, I'm not one for crafty/time intensive/tons of effort parties. Just not my forte. But I tell you what, I sure appreciate them!


This last weekend some friends threw me a baby shower and it was a Dr. Seuss theme!


I was over the moon for these decorations!


There were quotes all over the room from different Dr. Seuss books. I ended up recognizing the most quotes correctly and got a prize! :) Anyone ever heard of the book "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?" There were some awesome quotes from it, and that book will make an appearance in our library one day.


Behold the diaper cake in all it's Seussical glory.


Turns out there were 85 diapers used in making this cake, and one of my friends guessed it right on the dot! She's actually due the day before me, so the pregnancy vibe must have helped her out.


And then there was the food...how I love food...and this food did not disappoint. Jane and Heather are the ones that put on the shower and did a masterful job with the themed food.


Heather actually made homemade red and blue bread for tuna fish sandwiches! I know, amazing! The goldfish were a nice touch too, along with the fish napkins.


And green deviled eggs with ham rolls for "Green Eggs and Ham."


I had never heard of this book, but the presentation was darling! 


On the right you can see star shaped kiwis encircled by pineapple and oranges to represent "The Sneetches" (a personal favorite of mine.) And at the bottom of the picture you can see the strawberries/raspberry yogurt parfaits as a nod to "The Cat in the Hat."


Isn't this the cutest thing? I'm very impressed by creativity and this party was bursting out of its seams with it. Thank you so much!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have amazing friends!! That is INCREDIBLY cute!!! I love it! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great theme! The decorations are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! That must have been tons of fun. When someone threw me a shower for the twins, I arrived and she said we'd just be hanging out. I was slightly disappointed. You have some stellar and creative friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Oh my goodness that looks like the best shower EVER! And I'm super excited for your new adorableness to join the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay, I'm with you on being party-throwing impaired, so it kind of blows my mind that there are people out there with so much creativity stewing around in their brains! Especially the fish sandwiches. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete