Monday, September 17, 2012

Another pregnancy post

Remember last time I posted about my pregnancy and said "I have never been this pregnant in my life?" Still is holding true my friends. Here I am, barefoot and pregnant at 39 weeks.


And I tell you what, my belly button is looking CrAzY nowadays. Who knew that I had a mole inside it? The things you learn when your stomach is stretched so tight that your stretch marks are getting their own stretch marks...


Avery caught sight of my belly button after my shower last week and started hooting and pointing at it. Since then her obsession has grown and she is constantly pulling on my shirt to peek at it (public places notwithstanding.)


But lets put belly buttons aside. I have a question for anyone and everyone. What tricks do you know for inducing labor?


I know, I know, my due date is a week away, but I'm getting pretty excited for this guy and his debut. Any surefire way to get this baby on the move? I'm all ears!!!

5 comments:

  1. You look awesome! I wish I had some tricks for you, but pitocin was the only thing that got my kids out. I hope he gets ready to come out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sex
    *spicy food (like, REALLY spicy. Indian food, spicy Buffalo wings, etc)
    *long walks

    Those are the only ones I know that really work...they cause your uterine muscles to contract and once they START contracting sometimes they just figure "what the heck, why not?" and keep on going...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That belly is so perfectly round, so adorable. YOU look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful!! Not sure if anything REALLY works at inducing labour BUT here's what I did.
    Pregnancy massage- didn't work as instantly as it did for my friend but I felt it was a win-win situation either outcome.
    Dense chocolate cake- some girl in Matt's class told him this worked for her and again I though, win-win. Within 10 hours of consuming the most delicious chocolate cake I was in labour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about pineapple juice. You look great! I'm excited to see pictures of the little guy!

    ReplyDelete