Sunday, September 9, 2012

38 weeks

Well, it’s official. I have never been this pregnant in my life.


With my pregnancy with Avery, my water would have broken this morning and I would have been holding a brand new baby this afternoon.



Not that I’m surprised or disappointed. Sure there have been contractions and lots of pressure, and yes my Doctor says the head is as low as it can go, I’m at a 2, and 80% effaced, and of course I would love to meet this little guy, BUT at the end of the day the longer he’s in the stronger and healthier he’ll be.


Plus, today while I was at church someone told me that they loved my dress and that I looked wonderful. Now how often does a pregnant girl get complimented on her clothes and her looks? Let me tell you, not as often as her 38 week pregnant emotions need. Hence the photo shoot when we got home.


And just because I can, here is a picture of me the morning Avery was born,


and here I am with her little brother at the same point in the pregnancy.


And really, there's no way to have a photo shoot without this girl sneaking in.


Which leads to this,


and some of this,


a bit of this,

 

and lots of this.


Oh! And these pictures with my hair done, wearing a dress, and having lots of energy aren't how it is everyday. Here's a "real shot" Kyle got of Avery and me when I was sick and we were watching "Tangled."




Pregnancy...what a roller coaster!

4 comments:

  1. You look absolutely beautiful. I DO love that dress...where's it from? I LOVE that picture of you holding Avery and your foreheads are touching and you can JUST see your beautiful bump. That one needs a frame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look gorgeous, both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful. I hope your second delivery is easy breezy and I can't wait to see the fourth member of your family soon. (This is Michele Vaught by the way, this is the only account I could use to sign in!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make 38 weeks look good! I went 41 with our little nugget... and I did not look so good! I looked exactly like you would imagine someone carrying a 10 lb baby would look!
    What oh what is your secret!?

    ReplyDelete