Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rice Cereal

At Avery's 4 month check-up we were told to start feeding her rice cereal. Avery's weight is hanging out around the 5% for her age, so the pediatrician wants us to go in monthly to weigh her.




So, we have diligently tried to feed her. She wears it as a beard mostly, but I think I've heard her swallow 5 times.




 This last appointment Avery had a gained a pound! Yay!




Unfortunately, so did the rest of the pediatric population, so Avery is still at the 5% weighing in at 11 lbs 14.5 oz.  Kyle came to this appointment as well, and the pediatrician said, "Well, your daughter is small, but now I see that Dad is skinny. And you aren't big..."


 


Yeah...as you can imagine, I don't remember anything she said after that...




It's kind of like when people say, "Oh yeah! Kyle is just so nice and you are...just...so... funny..."


Man, it's a tough world out there. Good thing I have my not-big-and-funny self to keep me going! :) And of course my small daughter and skinny husband!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to make sure Sean has some tact when he becomes a doctor.

    Liam and Dash have always been 5 percenters. I think it's just a Bradley thing.

    I don't blame Avery for not swallowing, that rice cereal's... just... so... funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont even worry about it. Chloe has always been in the 5-10%. And that doctor is ridiculous. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete