Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On the farm

Kyle left me for a week to present at a symposium down in Houston, Texas earlier this month.

 087

Sure that sounds dramatic (He left me! My life is so hard! Blah, blah, blah) but honestly, it was kind of dramatic! Just a month ago we had never even spent a night apart, so this was L-O-N-G for us.

088

There were only two things that made this bearable.

First, I fled up to Michigan to spend the week with my family. Apparently, I am just not grown up enough to take care of my kids (or myself) on my own yet. Plus, if I can't spend time with Kyle, that time better be spent with my family.

053
 My heart melts everytime I see this picture!

And second, the new lambs at the Wilson's Farm just made life all the better!

038

058

I spent many a day on this farm growing up with one of my best friends, Erika Wilson (well, her name now is Erika Saxey...y'know...that whole change your name when you get married thing...)

064

Avery spent about 1.5 seconds looking at the lambs.

044

Then she was off! That girl had cousins to play with! I mean, really, who can pass up time with Andrew?

039

And you have to cherish every moment you get with Kimber.

048

And Scott? It should go without saying that a person would drop anything (and everything) to get some time with that kiddo.

049

You can see the Gilbert family resemblance in how they bite lips... :)

065

Add a swing to the equation and you might understand why the little lambies got slim attention from Avery.

068

But I enjoyed some quality sheep time nonetheless.

079

And you better believe I enjoyed some quality Kyle time when we finally saw each other again!

3 comments:

  1. The picture of Sawyer and your dad is so sweet. Something about Grandpas with their grandsons. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaawww! So jealous! The lamb twins look so cute, almost as cute as Sawyer and Avery. I am glad you visited the farm! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete