Thursday, April 4, 2013

Golden Birthday

r 042

That's right! Kyle went and turned 26 on the 26th of March. And since it was his Golden Birthday (Kyle claims that there is no such thing as "Golden Birthdays." I beg to differ. I have been waiting to turn 28 on the 28th of January since the 4th grade when I learned about them. I am very much a believer in them!) I came up with 26 reasons why I love the fellow.

r 045

And I posted them all over the shower. Cards can get lost, but writing in the bathtub? Can't miss it! It was a bit tricky finding a time to write it up. We bath the kids at 5:30 at night, and then spend the evening together.

r 054

But since my darling son still wakes up twice a night to eat, I figured I would write it up after one of those feedings. And just so you know, 1:30 AM is the PERFECT time to write in the shower.

r 055

That is, if you don't mind having slanty writing and a few smudges along the way. :) I never have been (and probably never will be) a perfectionist.

Which is also shown by these birthday candles. Notice anything funny about them? A "burn the candle from both ends" kind of look, perhaps? That, my friends, is what happens when you stick candles into a pan of brownies fresh out of the oven. The wax melts right off and becomes one with your dessert.

r 038

And you better believe the Golden Birthday boy devoured those brownies anyways. :)

s 042

Happiest of birthdays to this wonderful guy!

3 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY believe in golden birthdays! My birthday is towards the end of the month, so I had to wait a long time for mine, too :) By the way--writing in the shower? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a golden birthday... I've always know them as a "champaign birthday." Either way, it's something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete