Friday, February 24, 2012

Late night visitor

Kyle and I used to be avid "checker uppers" on Avery at night. After we would lay her down around 7:30, we just had to peak on her at least once before we went to bed.


So one night Kyle pokes his head into Avery's room to make sure she is still performing the necessary activity to sustain one's life (ie breathing.)


I watched Kyle about jump out of his skin and race into our bedroom crying, "There's a raccoon in Avery's crib!"


Confused, I hustle out of bed and peak into her room myself.


And although I did not see any type of rodent, I did see two eyes from Avery's crib reflecting the light from the hallway staring at me.


That, my friends, was the night our daughter learned how to situp by herself. Unfortunately, she would do it in her sleep, which would then wake her up, and lead to her crying because she did not know how to lay herself back down.

 
After this would happen several times a night for over a week, Avery did master how to lower herself back down and is sleeping like a beauty once again.


I still giggle at Kyle's claim that a raccoon had broken into our daughter's room.


And I'm a little concerned that his initial reaction was to tell me there was a varmint in her crib opposed to him rescuing her from it.


I mean, how could you mistake this little one for a vicious, food stealing raccoon?


Needless to say, Kyle no long checks in on Avery now.

4 comments:

  1. You and your camera take nice photos! It helps that you have such a beautiful girl to capture! That's so funny about the raccoon eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inconvenient time to learn how to sit up (especially while still not knowing how to lay back down). It must be hard being an infant. The feet pictures are awesome, but my favorite one is that second to last one.

    ReplyDelete