Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fort

I don't know why it took us so long to actually do it, but last week we built our first fort.

p 014

And Avery was a huge fan.

p 011

Until she realized that couch cushions aren't the sturdiest items to lean on.

p 005

I don't know what makes couch cushions, blankets, and sheets so fun to sit under, but we had a blast!

p 008

So perhaps our house is a bit messy (what is that spoon doing on our couch?), our child may be exhausted (Avery was tuckered out after the fort festivities), my bangs may be a bit short (when you get the thought, Hey, I think I want bangs, DON'T cut them yourself if you have 0 experience cutting hair...), and Kyle may hardly ever get featured on this blog (Love you Kyle!), but we are happy! :)

p 012

2 comments:

  1. Forts are worth the mess fifty times over. That's the stuff of which childhoods are made! Way to be such a cool mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, you crack me up. Forts seriously rock. I love, LOVE them! Also, wear the bangs with pride. You should also never let your grandmother cut them--I got burned as a kid that way. She kept "making them even" until they got waaaaaay too short. Good times :)

    ReplyDelete