Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sick, sick, sick

Prepared for your heart to break?


This is what our last week has looked like.


Tears, runny noses, coughs, and wheezes.


It's tough to see little kids sick. It just seems unfair that little innocent ones have to deal with illness without an understanding of what that even is. Avery, however, has been a trooper and has been taking naps all day everyday trying to fight off this cold.


And, if I do say so, I have been trooper by allowing her to rub her eyes/nose/mouth/any other liquidy body part of hers into my jeans/shirts/hair for comfort anytime she wants. Yup, I thought my life was glamorous as a RN, but motherhood just took me up another notch. :)


So here's to you Avery Dawn, wishing you a speedy recovery. And here's to me, wishing myself a speedy laundry day.

2 comments:

  1. Heart did break, as promised. Who knew the girl could be so cute even when sick and miserable? (I love the black and white effect, by the way) I know what you're talking about with the sheer injustice of small children getting sick. Way to not shy away from the gross liquids (speaking as one who had to interrupt writing this to help wipe diarrhea off his four-year-old's bum)!

    ReplyDelete