Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2 years

Kyle and I have now been married for 2 years. I'm not sure how many people can relate to getting married in December, but those of you who can probably understand that it's a bit tricky to celebrate anniversaries. 

We were married on December 19th, which lands us 6 days before Christmas (for those of you who don't enjoy doing math, I did that calculation just for you!) And since Kyle and I have still have yet to grow up, we travel to Michigan or Colorado to celebrate the holidays with family. Now, I wouldn't change any of this, but I figured there needed to be a bit of a preface.

In the middle of Kyle's finals, and a week before our anniversary, it was time to celebrate. So that night we journeyed to a most wonderful place. Probably my favorite garden I've ever been to.


That's right, the Olive Garden. 

Now, maybe going out to eat isn't that novel of an idea to anyone else, but for us it is nothing short of an annual treat we indulge our limited budget on.

 

Which of course leaves nothing leftover for a babysitter, so Avery was a participant in the celebration as well.


Kyle's meal was absolutely spectacular. All of you log away the phrase "Braised Beef Tortelloni" for the next time you are in an Italian mood. It is not a slice of heaven, it is the whole pie (or pizza, cake, what ever tickles your fancy.)


Mine was a slice of the other place, so no need to expound on it.


And that about sums up the festivities.

Wait, most of you go out to see movies, concerts, and other cultured things to celebrate? Ah well, my friends, the Bradley's are among the more refined crowd of society, so it should not be a surprise that we watched the majority of Modern Family Season 1 as well.


I tell you, there is no better way to live up an anniversary in December than with a full tummy of your husband's food and a clever sitcom to keep you company.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. December anniversaries are ROUGH! And I'm totally drooling over that tortellini. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your less-than-heavenly dish. I usually go for the 'mixed grill.' Not exactly italian, but always good.

    ReplyDelete