Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Avery comes home!


In the spirit of catching up, here are more pictures of my darling Avery. 

We stayed in the hospital for 48 hours and then they gave us the boot 

 
Avery was very sad to leave. Or maybe she was upset because her newborn clothes didn’t fit her! What do you do when your infant is too small for infant things?!?


Here is Avery’s first time seeing the sun (and it felt like mine too. I hadn’t spent anytime outside except driving home from the hospital after my shift and then driving back less than 12 hours later to give birth!)
 

 
When we got home my Mom volunteered to watch Avery while Kyle and I napped. I hadn’t gotten much sleep. 5.5 hours of sleep the night before I delivered, 1.5 the night after I delivered, and 3 the following! I kept getting the shakes and had a weird cold and then hot flash right before we left the hospital, so I was exhausted.
 
After a 2 hour nap, Kyle told me that I felt like I was burning up. We checked my temperature, and sure enough I had a fever. So with thoughts of sepsis in my mind, I called my doctor’s office and explained the situation to the nurse. She put me on hold, so naturally I checked my temperature again. I was all the way up to 102.7! After a series of questions, she told me to start a schedule of alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen, and that the doctor thought the fever was probably due to my milk coming in since I didn’t have any other symptoms (sharp abdominal pain or large clots.)

Well, within an hour I felt as right as rain, which was just in time for me to watch game 4 of the NBA finals. I have to raise Avery right, right? Especially since we watched game 3 a mere few hours after her birth! The Mavericks had an additional cheerleader in the house ever since Avery strolled into town!

3 comments:

  1. I really had fun reading the story of Avery's birth, even though i kinda got lost in all the detail! You and Kyle are such fun People, Kyle fits into the Pennock Family Just Fine, almost Naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that she was too small for infant clothes. Shelley's baby boy was too big to fit on instant clothes when they were taking him home! Hopefully we will get a talented football or basketball player in the family soon.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow packed size 0-3 month pants in our hospital bag, so the boys had to manage with just a shirt. And, you know, I was so shocked at how little sleep I got at the hospital. What with people coming to check something or another, visitors, meal time, and not to mention nursing, sleep was hard to come by. That must have felt so wonderful to get a little bit of sleep- mothers are the best!

    ReplyDelete