Thursday, June 13, 2013

To My Beloved Zoo

After I posted our good-bye to Indianapolis, I felt like I couldn't quite move on yet.

And then it hit me.

I hadn't given a proper farewell to the Indianapolis Zoo.

b 323

So here I go. (Side note: All of the following pictures have been taken at this zoo)

a 038

This zoo is absolutely, hands down, undoubtedly my favorite place in Indianapolis...quite possibly in the entire world.

b 308

This is where my family has come for the last 2 years to celebrate...well...pretty much everything.

 s 077

The first time we ever came here, Avery was 3 months old.

avery8 065

And we've watched this baby elephant grow along with our daughter (they were born a month apart.)

Then:

cavery 042

 cavery 064

And a year and a half later:

b 285

b 282

It's been our date night.

m 058

It's where I would walk mile after mile trying to go into labor with this guy.

048

b 221

It's where Avery learned her animal noises.

b 223

It's where we pet our first (and probably only) shark.

b 188

It's where Kyle met the muntjak, which became his favorite animal.

b 212

140

It's where I furthered my love of rhinoceroses.

185

b 315

We've celebrated Halloween here.

october1 074

We've celebrated Christmas here.

m 052

We've watched the zoo grow and change.

a 013

We watched this aviary get built.

s 006

b 248

b 246

We saw many a dog show in this new arena.

a 071

We even got a butterfly house.

a 005

a 027

But most importantly, this is where my family has grown and changed.

s 001

It's where we've spent time together with no distractions.

b 305

It's where Avery learned to splash in puddles.

b 300

It's where Sawyer embraced being in a floral stroller.

b 304

 It's where Avery gave her first kiss to someone outside of our family.

b 205

It's where Sawyer learned about sea life.

b 199

It's where my kids learned how to take naps outside of their cribs.

b 286

It's where I switched from carrying this girl around

a 039

to carrying this boy around.

a 024

Which helped this little girl learn how to walk holding our hands.

a 022

It's where they my kids enjoyed being outside together.

a 072

So even if my love for this place is a bit extreme, I can't help but want to thank it for being the most perfect place to my family!

b 326

You will be missed dearly!


a 014

1 comment:

  1. Man, I don't think I've ever seen a muntjak before, but it's my new life goal :) Also, you are an awesome picture-taker. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete