Saturday, March 16, 2013

3 months and counting.

Winter seems to be no one's favorite season.

q 001

And I completely understand why.

o 120

Our family is going into our third month of sickness. Not that we've had the same illness for three months. No, nothing that miserable.

q 012

But I am not kidding when I say I can count on my two hands how many days all four of us have been healthy. It's been brutal (I can already see my friends with chronic illnesses rolling their eyes now) for me. I blame it on nursery. I swear, one of those kids is a walking disease!

p 031

I am behind in cleaning (how often is one really suppose to vaccuum the floor?)

I am behind in my running (7 weeks until the half marathon...am I suppose to have run more than 3 miles at this point? Oh heaven help me!)

And I am behind on blogging!

q 006

So I will do my best to end March better than than January and February.

o 014

A highlight has included Sawyer not peeing on me. Like ever (I confess, that was my one reservation about introducing a boy into the family.)

A lowlight is Sawyer's inability to sleep pass 6 o'clock in the morning. We are up and running everyday at the same. exact. time.

q 005

A highlight has been putting pigtails and clips in Avery's hair. They are fun for the 5 minutes she lets them adorn her head.

A lowlight is that Avery is starting into full blown "2 year old" tantrums. *Sigh*

p 035


A highlight has been Kyle being awarded by his faculty and peers "The Outstanding Graduate Student in Industrial Organizational Psychology." Also he successfully defended his thesis last week!

A lowlight is that he has been really busy with his last semester (what do you expect when he TA's, goes to classes, works at the testing center, has an internship, does research, and is writing a thesis?) and we've missed him.

m 470


And really, when I lay everything out on the table like this, I feel like life has been pretty darn amazing.

...

But I am still reserving the right to hate on winter. I have some beef with that Groundhog claiming Spring was coming early.

2 comments:

  1. Those poor hammered kids. At least they have such an excellent mom to get them through. I love your line about how when you lay it all out, you realize how 'darn amazing' life really is. All the same, we're counting right with you. Four days until spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! What a rough winter! Good thing you're so amazing. Also, vacuuming is totally over-rated. Think of the extra dust as a way to stimulate your kids' immune systems. As if they haven't already had some stimulating this year...

    ReplyDelete